Friday 11 May 2012

3c: Sources of information


1. Training
Training is really important in my professional practice at school as the students have different learning, behavioral and emotional difficulties Training keeps me up-to-date with latest information on different legal policies, ways of teaching, strategies of coping with different conditions and multi-agency networking.

2. Leegreen Assembly meetings
Attending these local meetings allows me to keep an eye on what funding there is available in the area for potential new community projects that I could apply for. It also gives me an idea of local peoples concerns so that I can respond by thinking of ideas for potential projects that I can put forward.

3. Deptford X website
The Deptford X website keeps me up-to-date on what is happing creatively in my local area. I intend to use this source more to apply to actively take part in the events they advertise. I have used this source in the past to invite people to take part in events I have organsed.

4. Mailing lists
I try to be part of as many mailing list in arts organisations in different parts of the world to keep abreast of what’s going on in my field.

5. Youtube
I mostly use Youtube to teach myself different creative techniques, by learning from the tutorials. I used to use Youtube as a teaching resource, but from the beginning of this year its use has been banned most state schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment